Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Not Me Monday

As I was going to bed last night, I remembered that I had not blogged. I struggled to think of any "Not Me!" moments but I couldn't come up with any so I gave up and went to bed. And you should all be very glad because the extra day allowed me to come up with several things that I certainly did not do. So without further ado, here is my better-late-than-never, "Not Me!" Monday. . .




Being the cool, calm and collected mother that I am, I would never set my 3 month old twins in front of the TV with a video in order to get them to A) stop crying, B) go to sleep or C) be occupied so I can get the other two to A) stop crying or B) go to sleep. I would not choose a Baby Einstein video (Baby Noah to be exact) so as to justify said video watching by telling myself they are "learning" about animals in different biomes around the world - which by the way, is something I teach in my 10th grade Biology class - so they are getting a HUGE head start in science. (On a side note: I did not think to myself that maybe I should show this video to my class next time I teach Bio . . .)


I did not have the following conversation with Kendall this afternoon:


Me: "Kendall, did you color on the wall with those markers?"


Kendall: "YES!" (with a big grin)


Me: "Where did you color on the wall? Show Mommy."


Kendall "Here. Here." (with same big grin)


And when I looked "Here" where she was pointing I DID NOT see this:


I did not witness Karlee, my child who whines "BUT, MOMMYYYYYY!" every time I ask her to get her own juice box or go upstairs and change out of her school clothes or pick up the baby's pacifier/burp cloth/bib/toy, make herself a snack this afternoon. I did not see her go into the pantry, get the box of crackers and her stool, put the crackers on the counter, use her stool to climb onto the counter, get the peanut butter, climb down, open the drawer and get a knife, climb back up on the counter and proceed to spread peanut butter on the crackers. When she was finished, I did not see her put the lid on the peanut butter and put it away, climb down, put her knife in the sink, pick up her plate of crackers and head to the living room. The reason I did not see that was NOT because I was talking on the phone and did not make the crackers for her when she asked for the third time.


I would never admit to you that I logged on to Karlee's Webkinz TWICE to play games, under the premise of wanting to win some money for her pig. I did not take five minutes to explain to Ken that if she had money she could shop in the store and buy stuff for her Webkinz pig and that would keep her occupied so I could get some things done. Nope, not me! (and I definitely did not play for over half an hour.)


I did not have to take Kendall to the doctor last week because we were worried about the scratch on her leg. The doctor did not tell us that it was probably a staph infection and could possibly be MRSA. Poor Kendall, she had to have it drained and tested - she was such a good sport. Thankfully, it was just staph and not MRSA.


I did not leave Kamryn lying on her back on the playmat in the the Bonus room and return a few minutes later to find her propped up on her elbows on her tummy. I did not see this, because if I did, it would mean that she is growing up - and that is happening way to fast!!!


And finally, Karlee and I did not undecorate her Christmas tree today and pack it all up. It is February for Pete's sake - who would still have a tree up in February? NOT ME!!!


Hope you enjoyed! I would love to hear some of your "Not Mes". Leave me a comment and I will post the best - anonymously of course.





No comments: