Monday, January 11, 2010

Holidays!! (Part I)

I am going to try to give you a summary of our busy, but happy holiday season.

Magical Nights of Lights: We started the season off the way we usually do with a trip to the Magical Nights of Lights at Lake Lanier. The fabulous mom that I am, I forgot coats for 3 of my 4 children, so we couldn't get out at the Carnival area. Ken took Karlee (who had a coat) and Kendall (wrapped in a scarf) to ride a few rides while the twins and I sat in the car. We still had a great time - it was not crowded at all so we could take our time with the lights. Kendall really enjoyed it this year.

My Birthday: We had a great dinner for me and Shanna's birthday at Olive garden and then chocolate cake back at the house. Ken planned a great outing for me and our friends. We had dinner and then saw the John Berry Christmas Concert. We had so much fun!! We have such great friends.

School Festivities: Next we celebrated with Kendall's Holiday Musical and Party - her class sang "Jingle Bells" and "Where is Santa?" while they were all decked out in their handmade Rudolph shirts and later had a party complete with yummy treats, story time and a craft. Karlee had her party the same day. They played Santa Bingo, made edible Christmas trees and marshmallow snow globes, had a book gift swap, made Magic Reindeer Food and ate yummy treats.

Christmas Baking: No holidays are complete without a little baking - we made Rudolph cookies, munchie mix, pretzel bites with Hershey's hugs & M&Ms and Rolos & pecans.


Book Club: My church has started a book club and our December selection was a great book, The Great Christmas Bowl by Susan May Warren. It was a cute little story about the things mother's do for their children and how they strive for perfection at the holidays. It was so funny!! I would highly recommend it for next year's Christmas reading.


Part II coming soon!

No comments: