Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Not Me Monday

I read this every week on a blog that I follow and it is a pretty funny idea. I know that it is not Monday but I am going to try to do this every week. Let me know what you think.



This is from the blog that I follow - my charming kids:
"Are you feeling ashamed for letting your child go to bed without brushing his teeth...again!? Did you eat a Snickers bar during a meeting without anyone knowing? Do you pretend that my Tweets are really urgent messages when you receive them on your cell phone? Are you feeling embarrassed that you kicked the dog? We'll don't be. Not Me! Monday was born out of a desire to admit some of our imperfections and reveal a few moments we'd rather forget. Why? Well, for one, because it's just plain fun to pretend that we really did not do the things that we actually so did do. "

So, here is my attempt:

This past week . . .
I did not forget that my child had school. I did not think that Karlee's school started on Tuesday, the same as mine and then realize I was mistaken around 7:30 Monday morning when I passed all the school buses on my way to work. Nope, not me.

I definitely did not change Kourtney's diaper on the back of the toilet at the new Mexican restaurant because despite the great service and fabulous food, they lack a baby changing station in the bathroom.

And, last but certainly not least, I did NOT watch Kendall eat not one, but two crayons in the car on our road trip. I did not wipe up the purple drool and clean the pieces out of her teeth only to find her eating an ORANGE crayon five minute later. And that did not happen 30 seconds after Ken asked me if she was eating them again and I answered "NO". NOT ME!!!


2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh Greer!! Dont feel bad I was going to send Maddie Grace to school the Friday before Christmas break when a friend finally convinced me on Wed that Thursday the next day was the last day before the break, so I quickly made cupcakes for the class. So I could only imagine how much you have on your mind with 4. The girls look great btw and the article in the paper was great as well. We were shocked comingback into town the sunday after Christmas to find a huge pic of Zach in it. See you soon

Unknown said...

hello? ahem. are you the super talented girl behind my pink christmas gift? if not, please disregard this random comment. if you are, could you please click over to my blog for just a moment?