Thursday, January 8, 2009

Pink Christmas

I found this really cool, fun Christmas idea this summer (you know, while I was on bed rest and had nothing to do but play on the computer) called Pink Christmas. It is basically a Secret Santa program but instead of buying just any gift, you are supposed to make (or buy) original, handmade products. You pay a small fee - like $15 - most of which is donated to a needy family and then you get a person's name and some background info. Meanwhile, some one else is getting your name. Then you make your gift and mail it to the person so it arrives in time for Christmas. It was a lot of fun learning about my Pink Christmas girl, April, and trying to decide what to make for her and how to design it. I just saw a post on her blog today about my gift and she loved it!!! YEAH!! Be sure to check out her jewelry when you visit her site - it is amazingly beautiful (and she takes the most awesome pictures). My Pink Christmas gift was from Nancy and it was great - a pink and brown bag with little girls on it - one for Karlee, Kendall, Kourtney and Kamryn. She also sent a family decal for my car. I will post pictures as soon as I can get them . Be sure to check out Pink Christmas and consider doing it next year. The deadline is sometime in July.




No comments: