Monday, January 5, 2009

Quick Updates

I haven't blogged in forever and every time I started to I got so overwhelmed at how much I would have to go back and catch up on - I just decided to do nothing which made me even further behind. So here is my attempt to catch you up quickly on what has been happening since my last post.

The Twins: The twins are 11 weeks old, Kamryn weighs 11 pounds 12 1/2 ounces and Kourtney weighs 11 pounds 2 1/2 ounces, they are smiling and starting to coo and gurgle and last night they slept from 10:30 until 7:00 when we woke them up to eat

In the News: We have been in the new recently. December is TTTS month so we wanted to get the word out about TTTS and tell our story. We are working with an organization called the Fetal Hope Foundation to offer assistance and more importantly hope, to others by sharing Kourtney & Kamryn's Story. We also did an interview in Ken's hometown newspaper, The Jones County News that was featured in the Christmas issue. We also did an interview with The Athens Banner-Herald that ran the day after Christmas. Both were good articles - we wish the ABH had included more of our comments about our faith and prayer, but what do you expect from the ABH.

Road Trip: The Saturday after Christmas we left for an 8-day trip to see my grandmother in New Jersey. We drove over 1900 miles with stops at Mount Vernon, Washington D.C., CHOP in Philly, grandmother's house in NJ & Hershey's Chocolate World. Everybody was wonderful and we had a blast. My grandmother was thrilled to see the twins and to get to spend some time with the older girls as well.

Christmas: In the middle of all this we had Christmas. We went to candlelight Christmas Eve service with Ken's family and spent Christmas morning with them as well. Santa visited and brought way too many toys (for big kids too) including all kids of nursery stuff - cribs, swings, strollers, etc. for baby dolls, Scooby-Doo figures and the Mystery Machine, a Wii, a Cricut, high chairs, RC cars, all kinds of building things - blocks, Lincoln logs, Tinker Toys, K'nex, Lego's, tons of Barbie furniture, puzzles and clothes. We came back and had Christmas with my family on Christmas night where the girls got a trampoline and we got $$$ for our trip (and a bunch of other cool stuff). It was wild and KRAZY but we had a blast!!!!!

I think that covers most of it - if I missed something you want to know about just leave a comment and I will get back to you ASAP!!!

No comments: